We are always looking for volunteers to help out at the farm for a few hours, a few days, a few weeks,
or a few months. Accommodations,
food and necessities can be provided. Housing: rooms in farmhouse, cabin in woods,
or self-contained trailer. Volunteers are accepted
year-round, even in winter. Application available below or via email, fax or regular
Common Ground provides the opportunity for volunteers to
experience daily life on a certified organic farm. By assisting the organic
farmer, the volunteer will learn what it takes to create a successful
organic farming system. Volunteers work with the farmer
performing a variety of tasks determined by the season and weather.
To apply for a volunteer position, click on the following link.
This will display the application in a separate window. Please save the application
to a file, fill it out, and email it back. Or print the application, fill it out,
and fax or mail it back.
- Daily chores: feeding and watering livestock, cleaning stalls,
collecting eggs and watering plants
- Livestock care: shearing, hoof care, administering medications,
grooming, assisting with births, feeding young animals
- Vegetables: seeding and raising greenhouse transplants, planting
crops, cultivating, weeding, pest control, harvesting
- Crops: mowing, raking and baling hay; seeding, mowing and plowing
- Marketing: setting up and selling produce at Farmers Market, sorting
and apportioning shares for Community Supported Agriculture members
- Education: planning farm tours and teaching organic farming to groups
visiting the farm and at workshops, activities and CSA meeting / events
- General Farm: constructing, maintaining and repairing of fences,
buildings and equipment; cleaning and organizing washing, packing, processing
and storage areas.
For a better idea of what it's like to live and work at Common Ground Farm,
take a look at the following links:
Volunteer Journal Entries
What to Bring With You